This way I can make sure that the viewer fully understands what the book is about and because it says 'lucky pre-race routines,' it links it to the other books.
I also completed the cover for the cutouts book. When i had a tutorial a couple of weeks ago, Rob said he liked the idea of having the cover as one of the explanations, 'All the best footballers are 9 or 7' was my favourite, it sums up my 9 year old brothers thinking into lucky numbers perfectly, so i thought it would be good on the cover, its also intriguing, in that it doesn't give anything away. I made the cover as a cutout, it just wouldn't have made sense to switch processes for the cover, just like I made a screen printed cover for the screen printed book; so even though the cutout is a really delicate thing, I wanted to make sure it worked on the cover. I used a dark purple cartridge paper for the cover, if it was just in white, the cutout wouldn't stand out against the white pages behind it or be very legible...
And finally, I made made the cover for the text nmbers book. As I'd made the whole book using letraset, I wanted to make a Letraset cover. At the weekend I tested some ideas for the cover..
I thought about making a text number out of an explanation about the book instead of an explanation about a lucky number, but then thought this might be giving a bit too much away and might make the inside of the book not as interesting when its opened. So i decided to switch the process around, and instead of making numbers out of words, make words out of numbers. So I made a really plain cover, that sums up what the whole book is about in one word (made of numbers..)
I sewed all three of the books together, it feels really good to have them all complete in a set!