25 Feb 2012

The Queen & a 'Word-a-Coaster..'

Today I went into london to see a couple of cool things. First I went to the V&A to see the exhibition of Cecil Beaton's portraits of the Queen. Before visiting the exhibition I had a wonder around in the V&A and discovered the Jewellery gallery and it was amazing I can't believe I haven't been there before! The design and layout of the gallery is really modern and shiny and the jewellery presented really well so it stands & sparkles. You're not allowed to take photos but I got this sneaky one that doesn't really show off the gallery but it really is good..


Again photos aren't allowed in the Cecil Beaton exhibition but these are some of the displays in the V&A shop which a good preview of the exhibition. The exhibition was great, the photographs gave an interesting insight into the royal family that you don't often get to see.



Next I went to see the last day of Selfridges latest pop up concept shop, Words Words Words in association with Its Nice That who designed these really cool windows..





The most impressive window was the Word-A-Coaster, which involved plastic balls containing fortunes that got picked up and carried around the wooden structure and then dropped out so you could take one home!




My fortune!



No comments:

Post a Comment