21 Oct 2011

Zero

Our first project of Second year is 'Zero.' We were just given the word Zero and told to explore it... a very open brief. I looked into zero as a starting point, a changing point and a beginning. I became interested in the possibility of measuring zero and have been looking at the possibility of 'Ocm' existing.
When I photographed these rulers up close, I realised how different the 'Ocm' measurement mark is. I came to the conclusion that zero can't be described in the measurement of cm, 'nothing' cannot be measured. But if nothing is something... zero, then there must be some kind of measurement for it? For our crit I put up these pictures of blown-up rulers to show the difference in the zero line..




I need to work out how I'm going to properly visualise what I've found out and what to do with it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment