13 Nov 2011

SIP

A one week self initiated project, my chosen subject was 'Greetings.'



It is becoming harder to judge which greetings are appropriate in certain situations, especially in more formal situations such as business. In Germany social etiquette groups are even campaigning to ban cheek kissing in the work place because they've had so many complaints that people find it awkward and uncomfortable!
I devised this colour coded ID system where employees can display which greeting they'd feel most comfortable with. Its not necessarily something I believe should be implemented into real life businesses, its more of a what could happen if people continue to feel this way.
I'm looking at expanding the idea now that the project has finished and maybe playing with the visual language to see how else I can get people to display their greeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment